Sunday, July 9, 2017

Third blog: Getting into the action

So far in my project what I have been doing is analyzing the already written code and study the algorithm behavior under big testing data.
After I was done with the first class to be analyzed the most of the results were acceptable, except two main class methods that produced shocking results. I shared the results with the community and came up with a fast solution that can improve the results.

It is very exciting to actually start writing code and implementing my thoughts into the Stingray library and have an impact. After I was done with the implementation the results improved better than what I expected, this graph shows the results.



The blue solid curve shows the old implementation, the yellow dashed shows the new implementation. What used to take around 700 s, now is done under 20 seconds.

I've made my first full\ready for merge pull request and I am hoping that it gets merged into the Stingray main repo, still looking to have more impact on Stingray and I am sure that there is still a lot of knowledge to be learned through my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment