Monday, June 26, 2017

Week 2 blog

I've studied algorithms and data structures in my previous year in college, and I usually practice on the topic by solving problems on online websites. In all my previous projects the data sizes that I usually work with aren't large enough to consider the various behaviors under different algorithms. So far in my GSoC I got the chance to experiment and see my self the difference in the behavior according to different algorithms and it is such a great experience to implement what I've studied and to obtain results accordingly. This is a sample of the results I've obtained. If I plotted the time taken to execute a certain logic using an algorithm having the time complexity of O(N):






And the results for using an O(N^2) algorithm:

Of course the negative sizes are just for data representation.

And finally the results for O(N^3).
I am very happy that I have been given the chance to experiment an apply what I have studied. And am looking forward to learn more, and gain more experience throughout my project in GSoC. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment